Books Read: 30+ (that’s a low number, but I write a lot too)
Books Written: 1.5
Scripts Written: 1
Gigantic Spiders Witnessed: 6
Gigantic Spiders Vanquished: 2
Physical Sicknesses(Diseases): 0
Mental Sicknesses(Diseases): 456,245,234,523,454,236,134,511,234.243423
Rules Broken: 3
Sunglasses Bought: 1
Sunglasses Broken: 2
Bridges Burned: 3
Bridges Built: 24,523,452,567,143,671,345
Weight Lossed: 25 pounds
Weight Gained: 10 pounds
Pets: 3 Rats, 1 Fish, 1 Dog, 356,243,523,456,341 Insects
Vehicle Accidents: 3
Pedestrian Accidents: 10
Vehicle meets Pedestrian(me): 5
Confederate Flag Knives: 1
Songs written: 12
Poems Written: 22
Things I’ve Learned
1. Hand Washing is tough on clothes
2. A Tabo (Water Dipper) can be used for just about everything.
3. Bugs are honestly not that big of a deal.
4. I can ride my bike with no handlebars… only on the smooth flat streets of the U.S.
5. Tsinelas (Flip-Flops) for the provinces. Shoes for the city.
8. Sing, always sing.
9. Reverence is subjective
10. All things go
11. Broken hearts don’t heal quickly
12. Province kids are SO much cooler than city kids.
13. You can find love in everything
14. A man can build anything given enough idle time.
15. All is cyclical
16. Hope never fails
17. Fruit tastes better in The Philippines.
18. Death is the common denominator.
19. I make a lot of mistakes
20. Altruism exists.
M.Nasty was a lot of fun! It was great seeing friends, hearing about new experiences, and participating in the best ‘stache bash the world has ever known.
I feel like I’ve been in this country forever. I feel like I’ve been in this country for no time at all. I can’t believe I’ve made it an entire year! I can’t believe a year has passed already!
I have one more year left (actually closer to 10 months) and knowing that forces me to deal with the realities that brings with it. Everyone says this next year flies by. Soon, I’ll be paying school loans, finding jobs, and attempting to get into some grad school program.
I have a whole year to worry about responsibilities stateside. I only have one freaking year to worry about responsibilities stateside!
What does life have in-store for Brandon Holly?
– Brandon Holly –
President’s Seen In Person: 1
The president of The Philippines Benigno Simeon “Noynoy” Cojuangco Aquino III came all the way to Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (my site) just to take a look at our new public market. He didn’t have the time to meet a peon such as I, but he did land in my school’s track field in 3 helicopters. He stepped off of the helicopters and he was blocked from view by the several armored cars and vans there to pick him up.
The whole experience was very surreal.